The Water

How do I get water at an existing home site?

When a property owner has a View-Caps Water Supply Corporation Membership Certificate for the property, this can be transferred to the new owner for a small fee. For an existing location that had been serviced but the meter is locked off or has been removed, there will be a trip fee to restore water service after an account and other manners are completed.

How do I get water at a new site?

A membership rural water supply is operated greatly different than a municipal water system. In all situations it starts with an engineering study and fee which is necessary by regulations. This is to learn what impact your new service will have upon the rest of the members on the system. Water lines are capable of a certain number of meters being serviced and this study will learn if your application can be serviced. Understand that this engineer study cost can not be refunded even if the study finds that your application may not be serviced. If the location where the new water service is needed is not next to or at an existing water line, then the situation is complex and the office manager will help with this detail. The new member develops the line to the owned property. In all cases the water meter is placed upon the owner's property. There must be an easement which gives us the ability to enter the property to service the line and read the meter. Beyond the construction expense the cost of new membership is as follows;
Service Investigation Fee (for engineer study at application ) $100
Easement recording fee $24
Membership Fee  $250*
Impact Fee (No equity-by-in fee) $1305*
Water meter install labor (Meter, box, valve, stub WSC property) $445*
Water Service Inspection Certification Fee (if by WSC) $35
*Membership Fee, Impact Fee and meter labor cost $2000

How much does the water service cost?

Monthly Charges
  1. Base Rate. The monthly charge for the opportunity of receiving metered water service is based on demand by meter size. Each charge is assessed based on the number of 5/8" X " meters (as per American Water Works Association maximum continuous flow specifications) equivalent to the size indicated and is used as a base multiplier for the Service Availability Charge. Rates and equivalents are as follows:

    5/8" $28.89
    1" $43.34
    1 1/2" $115.56

  2. Gallonage Charge - In addition to the Base Rate, a gallonage charge shall be added at the following rates for usage during any one (1) billing period.

  3. $8.40 per thousand 1-10,000 Gallons
    $9.40 per thousand 10,001-20,000 Gallons
    $10.40 per thousand 20,001-30,000 Gallons
    $11.40 per thousand 30,001 and up

    As required by the State of Texas Water Code section 5.701, there is an added regulatory assessment of one-half of one percent.

  4. The Corporation, as a part of its billing process, collects voluntary contributions on behalf of the nonprofit Emergency Service Provider; View Volunteer Fire Department. The Corporation shall retain from the proceeds the lesser amount of five percent or the total administrative costs for billing, collecting, and disbursing the voluntary contributions. (Tariff Section I.)

Where does the water come from?

Rainfall. That's it. That's all. That is why conservation is key to our water purity and availability. It is called; surface water source. Rainfall runoff collects in our reservoirs; Lake Ft. Phantom Hill, Hubbard Creek Reservoir, and Lake Ive. The water is pumped from these reservoirs, treated at the City of Abilene plants, and distributed. We purchase our water from the City.

What is in the water?

The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) requires an annual report on Water Quality Test Results, known as the Consumer Confidence Report (CCR). This report is detailed and gives information on how the water quality is looked after and the results. The 2015 Regulated Substances Detected report has been published and is available on this website home page.